Monday, August 11, 2008

The Amish, Friendship and Pedicures


Hmmmm.....so you are probably wondering how in the world any of these things relate! Well, they do because they were all a part of my day today - and no I didn't see Amish friends getting pedicures. BUT, let me tell you, it's been a great day! I started it out with the Amish because these sweet neighbors in our neighborhood brought us a zip-lock bag of this ooey gooey substance with a recipe for "Amish Friendship Bread". It had directions for 10 days. Each day I had to do something to it (usually just mash the bag) and on the 10th day (today!) I added all this other stuff and make the bread, or the muffins, in my case. I also seperated out 4 other batters to give to friends. Let me just say....I don't know how something that sits on your counter and ferments for 10 days can taste so good, but it sure does. I gave away some of the muffins (with the starter batter, of course) and we kept some for ourselves. I'm thinkin' a muffin will be great with a hot cup 'o joe in the morning!


Next, comes the friendship and the pedicures. Tonight my dear friend, Jennifer, and I went out to do a little shopping and also got pedicures! It was so wonderful spending time with her. I think she and I are a lot alike and she's one of those few people who you can confide in and know that it will go no further than the place you are sitting. Love it and love her. I've known her for quite a few years, but we've just recently become good friends and I am so extremely thankful to God for her friendship and the Godly life that she leads. She is such a shining example of God's love and she's just one of those people who makes you feel closer to God just by spending time with her. Oh...and the pedicure was so nice. I hadn't had one since before Caleb was born so the piggies were in desperate need of some attention! Oh! What a day!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

my grandmother makes this bread! it's awesome!!

Jen said...

Thanks for your sweet words! I love you too, Carrie! I was just telling Matthew this morning about all the funny things that happened last night. I'm just glad we were able to flee to the car safely after playing paparazzi...without being arrested or ambushed! :)