Saturday, May 30, 2009

VICTORY!!!!!

Let me just tell you...we had a stubborn and determined little guy on our hands!! After no luck catching the little rodent the first day, we ALMOST got him after the second night. Matt (bro-in-law), who was the fearless one to drive the car with the unwanted visitor checked the second morning and the mouse had gotten stuck in the gooey stuff the night before, but managed to use all his mighty mouse might to get out!!! Left on the sticky stuff was the fur from his belly - seriously. So then we had on our hands a half-skinned mouse running around the car. On his way to work Matt would always see him run around the passagers side so after the third night and not cathing him again, he lined the sticky strips and all the traps in a straight line - the exact path the mouse been following the previous mornings. This must have been the trick because Matt saw him come out for his morning excercise (or breakfast, maybe) during his drive to work that day. The mouse made it through the TWO things of sticky stuff and then this is what happened when he hit the very first trap:

You can see that he was not very big. In this picture he is beside a regular sized mouse trap. I wish I could be nice and say we tried not to kill him, but I would be lying. He is now in mouse heaven and I promise they are happier to have him there than I was to have him in my car! Now, let's just hope he really was a HE and that there are no offpspring!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

VICTORY!!! That is so disgusting, and I am so happy he is gone!

Councill Party of 4 said...

This is still hilarious to me!! Mama and I have laughed about it all weekend! I'm glad he's in mouse heaven though!!