Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My little mocking bird...

As soon as Caleb turned 1 it was like he decided it was time to start picking up words. As of yesterday he could say mama, da-da, juice, Daisy, uh -oh (but he leaves off the oh and just says "up"), Papa, and quack quack. Well today he added a new word to his reportoire. Here's how the story goes. I had him on the kitchen counter putting his shoes on. As he was sitting there he picked up an apple. I said, "APPLE". He tries to repeat my word and does a pretty good job. Then I suppose he decides this apple is very ball-like and tosses it to the ground. As he does this I say to him, "OHHHHH.....NOOOO" in which he repeats back to me as clear as can be and as if he's said it 100 times "OHHHHHH....NO!" Of course I die laughing and then get him to repeat it 10 more times just to make sure he was really saying it, and sure enough he was. He is just getting to be so funny, but I guess we really must start watching the things we say around him. No more of the "s words"...you know shut up, stupid, etc. - that's about as bad as it gets at our house!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun?! I love when you begin hearing them talk. Brooks is into 3-4 word intelligible sentences, and paragraphs of blabber. Abbie had a toy and he said to me, "But I want that toy." I died laughing. And for watching language, Rick is on me all the time, because I have passed on b-u-t-t. It might be acceptable were Rick not a minister. Yikes!

Councill Party of 4 said...

That is too cute! Oh yeah...you really have to watch what you say...I'm bad about saying "shut-up", but I don't say it in the bad way, I say it like "shut-up, you are kidding me", or "shut-up I can't believe that". I don't say it meaning "be quiet". But the other day MacKenzie actually said it to Mason and it wasn't in a nice way at all! Needless to say, I had to sit her in time out and explain that's not a nice word. Now, I have to REALLY be careful what I say.