Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rodent Update

And I say update, because HE IS STILL IN MY CAR! Apparently this little guy has made quite the cozy little home somewhere in my car. The day we discovered him we set mouse traps up all over the car. No luck. That night Chad and his brother tore the car apart and found nothing. They set up more traps that night with cheese to intice the little guy, but when we checked the next morning....No luck. Chad's brother drove the car to work yesterday and left traps set up while he was there with peanut butter on them (we read this worked better than cheese) and still NO LUCK! Oh...and I forgot to mention that he SAW him on his way to work gallavanting around the floorboard again. This little guy is tricky, but we are bound to get him eventually. We have vacuumed the whole car so there are no crumbs except what is on the traps. Last night we tried a soft cheese because, again, we read this works better because they can't just get it and run off with it. So, at this point if he wants food he's gotta go to the trap. The only downside is that (in yet another attempt to rid my car of this visitor) we called an exterminator to see what to do and he said they can live without food for up to 7 days. Just great. Thankfully my in-laws have an extra car that they have been driving so that I can drive their car. Unfortuantely, the saga still continues. I will send a final update hopefully very, very soon.

3 comments:

lindsay said...

Girl, only you!! This whole situation is too funny! I only wish I could SEE you telling this story instead of reading it. I can just see your facial expressions now! Hope you get him soon!!

Councill Party of 4 said...

AAAGGGHH!!! You sure you don't want a cat??!! HA!

Unknown said...

I got your message. I will call you this weekend. I am so sorry about the rat. That is horrible.