Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hickory, Dickory Dock...

...the mouse ran up the clock and then apparently STRAIGHT INTO MY CAR!!!!! AGGGHHH! I am so not kidding. This morning I was driving to school on I-85 and I thought I saw something run from under the seat to the front of the car on the passenger's side. Of course I only saw this with my peripheral vision, so I wasn't quite sure. I looked as much as I could while driving but didn't see anything except my phone charger in the floor. I just chalked it up to my imagination and kept driving. But then, only a few minutes down the road I saw the exact same thing going this time from the front to the back. I didn't figure there was any way I could have imagined this twice and it freaked me out, so I pulled over on the side of the interstate. I immediately called Chad and this is how the convo went:

Me: Chad, where are you?

Chad: I am at Exit ___ (which happened to be one exit behind me)

Me: Well you have to come and get me.

Chad: What? Why?

Me: Because there is something in my car and I am standing on the side of the interstate.

Chad: (who has started laughing at me at this point) What is it? A spider?

Me: No seriously it is something big and you better come and get me because I am NOT getting back into my car.

So, my knight came to my rescue. We opened the car and he was immediately able to find little "droppings" under the seat. UUGHHHHH!!! Chad and I traded cars and I headed on to school. About 2 minutes after we parted ways Chad called me and told me he'd seen it scurrying around. It even freaked him out and he said he just prayed all the way home that he would get there fast! Anyway, my car is now sitting at my in-laws with mouse traps and this sticky stuff in it to capture this critter. I must say that if I was going to have this happen I am glad it happened the way it did because if I had seen it and recognized what it was while I was driving, I can ASSURE you I would have wrecked my car! My dad always told me that if there was a bee in my car just to pull over (cause I HATE bees)....I guess the same rule applies to rodents!

I'll keep ya updated on how it all goes down!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT KEEP A NASTY CAR . THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF YOU!

6 comments:

Councill Party of 4 said...

OH MY!! I would have freaked!! What's up with us and our "wildlife"?? I think the "critters" are out to get us!! HAHA!! :) Oh yeah...and for Chad...can we now put "rat catcher" on his resume??!!

Jen said...

Hilarious!! I would have done the same thing except I don't know that my husband would have been quite so patient with me. I love it!! Hope you catch him!

Brooke said...

Yeah, you can rest assured I will NOT be visiting your house or Lacey's anytime in the near future! With my luck, I'll probably be next in line with some exotic creature!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up!!!! The story freaks me out. I know you are so much neater than me, so I am now paranoid. (: Glad your knight came to your rescue.

Lindsay said...

oh my!! i would have freaked out, too!! i'm glad that Chad was able to get there and switch cars with you and you didn't wreck :) hopefully y'all will catch the mouse! what a morning!

The Cassidys said...

HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing that story with me ... I would have been exactly the same way!