Friday, January 16, 2009

Worshipful Running

Well this day's been crazy
But everything's happened on schedule
from the rain and the cold
To the drink that I spilled on my shirt
'Cause You knew how You'd save me
before I fell dead in the garden
And You knew this day
long before You made me out of dirt
And You know the plans that You have for me
And You can't plan the end and not plan the means
And so I suppose I just need some peace
Just to get me to sleep.
You may call me old school, but I am a huge Caedmon's Call fan and the above song, Table for Two, has always been one of my favorites. As I was running today it played on my iPod during shuffle mode. I listened to it twice. I especially love the last two verses.
I love being reminded that God knows everything about us before we're even formed. Psalm 139:16, "Every day of my life was recored in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day passed." I love that since He knows the end, He's going to give us a way to get to it. I love that just last Sunday I was reminded by the person preaching that everything we go through is first filtered through the fingertips of God before it even gets to us. The good. The bad. The ugly. All of it.
My prayer last Sunday was simply to do my best this year to completely abide in Christ. And that is a scary prayer because I have no idea what this year (or tomorrow, for that matter ) holds. I am writing this because I urge you to do the same. Thankfully, I serve a God who knows what the future holds and I know that no matter what, He will be just enough. I pray I can abide in that this coming year and that you can too.
And one final thought.....I love worship and the fact that you can do it anywhere!! Although I was running indoors at the Y today, it was such a refreshing and renewing time for me! Praise the Lord for iPods to take our minds off of what we're really doing!!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tears to my eyes. What a beautiful post and a needed reminder. Just wait until you get to "worry" for your kids, when other kids get mean and you see potential roadblocks, gut wrenching and seemingly impossible not to worry.

The Cassidys said...

amen sister! i totally agree and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! have a great weekend