Saturday, January 24, 2009

Date with a BLONDE...

Last night Chad and I had the night all to ourselves. Caleb went to mom and dad's for a sleepover, so we decided to have a date night. I got all dressed up (well, as good as it gets these days) and Chad met me in Greenville after work. Only one thing....last night, I'm pretty sure Chad felt like he was out with the blondest chick in the world!! Let me explain...


Dinner went just fine. Flatrrock Grill - one of my favs. Then we went to the movies. Chad is always sweet about seeing whatever I want to see. I think he does this because he knows I may actually stay awake through the whole movie if I pick it. So, I picked Bride Wars. I got in line to buy the tickets while Chad parked. After getting the tickets, I went inside and waited on him. I called him twice because it seemed like he was taking forver. There were a lot of people there, but it seemed like it was taking him a long time to find a spot! Finally he came in and we went to find a seat. After we got seated, he pulled out a coffee, which he had gone across the street to Atlanta Bread and gotten while he was "parking" the car. What an incredible hubby! :) OR, yet another ploy to keep me awake in the movie...ha! At this point in the evening everything is still fine. We watch the movie in the rather packed theatre and about 3/4 of the way through I decide I need a little more wiggle room. The seat to the left is taken, so naturally I decided to shift toward the right where Chad is. I lift the arm divider rather quickly and Chad leans over and quietly reminds me, "Carrie, your coffee was in there!!" AHGGGGHHHHHH!!! I freaked and turn around to explain to the woman behind me, who I was SURE I had just drenched in coffee! Luckily she hadn't even noticed, but the floor right at her feet was wet. We turned around and couldn't quit laughing!


So the movie ends, we again apologize to the woman behind us for the flying coffee cup and head on out. In the lobby I run into a former student and her parents (her mom was my room mom last year) who I just love. I had chatted with them some before the movie so we stood there a bit longer and compared movie notes. As we were talking my lipgloss somehow fell out of my purse. My friend points it out to me and I pick up and toss it in my purse.

We leave, and decide to go look for dessert somewhere. As we are driving there I pull out the lipgloss to freshen up a little, put it on, rub my lips together and suddenly realize....IT IS NOT MY LIPGLOSS FLAVOR!!!!! What?!?!?! I turn on the light and see that the lipgloss looks like mine, almost even the same color with a silver lid, but it's definitely not mine. GROSS! Then I just start imagining the skank that probably used the gloss last and the gimungus fungus that will probably appear on my lips the next day. So we get another laugh off of me on this one.

To wrap up our date we decide to pay a visit to Krispy Kreme donuts...AND the hot-n-now sign was on, which is a major plus! To end our night, as we were leaving KK I did my very best to get into someone else' car!!! The bad thing is that it didn't even look like ours - wrong color, wrong model, wrong everything!!

Oh well....all I can say is that we had a great time and had some really good laughs. Unfortunately, they were ALL at my expense!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

ah, Carrie! Thanks for the good laugh :)

Jen said...

That is SO FUNNY!!! The lip gloss thing would have scarred me for life. Thanks for making me laugh this morning, I needed that.

Unknown said...

Crack me up! I think it is the baby, not the blonde. They suck our brain cells, and we are never the same again!

Lauren said...

HILARIOUS!

Michelle said...

Hilarous!! Thanks for sharing these moments. They happen too often, but we forget to share them for the enjoyment of others. :)

So, what did you think of Bride Wars?

Councill Party of 4 said...

HEHE!! Did Chad still kiss you after putting on someone else's lipgloss??!!