Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas 2008


YAY! So, I’m finally posting about our Christmas. Sorry it has taken me so long; I know some of you have just been on your toes waiting for me to post (ahemmm…Lacey!!). I guess I can start by saying that we had a wonderful Christmas…a bit different, but wonderful nonetheless. And when I say different, I definitely mean that in the good kind of way. Here are a few examples:

1. My brother was home for the first time in 2 years for the holidays.

2. The day after Christmas we added one more gathering of family among all the others that happen on Christmas and before.

3. We were in [yet] another house this year.

4. We have a child this year.

#4 was the most life changing one, but oh was it so fun. I remember last Christmas thinking “This time next year, we’ll have a baby”. Boy, did that time come quickly - and to think we are almost a year into it. WOW! Anyway, Caleb was pretty clueless about all that was going on around him; he just kind of watched and took it all in. Even though we were slightly off our normal schedule and he wasn’t feeling so well, he didn’t seem to mind being passed around like hot potato for a few days. He kinda figured out the unwrapping and definitely was into the paper - although the toys seemed to intrigue him momentarily. He got lots of neat (and noisy!) things and he’s already enjoyed them so much. Thank goodness most of them have off switches! Oh, and just for the record. I absolutely LOVED playing Santa!!!

As always, the thing that stuck out the most to me this Christmas was how important family is to me and just how blessed I am to be a part of so many wonderful relationships. I still don’t know how I possibly deserve the wonderful people that God has placed in my life, but I am so thankful for them - not only my immediate and extended family, but also my church family. I am so thankful that God has placed people in my life who help me to celebrate the birth of His Son all throughout the year. People who remind me through the examples they live everyday about what it means to fully trust and abide in God; what it means to lean not on my understanding, but to seek His; people who will pray with and for me; people who are willing to follow God wherever He may lead them; and people who love me even when I mess up all of these. This Christmas, along with the beautiful reminder that Christ was born to die, I was reminded of how much better life is because I have an entire family and many, many friends who have accepted Him and who celebrate the real meaning of the season. And now I am longing and praying for the day when our son joins us in celebrating this true meaning.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes Jesus is so Wonderful in our lives! God has changed me tremendously! Your son is so handsome! I'm so happy that God has blessed your family with a wonderful miracle! God Bless

Michelle said...

Aaahhh...I can't wait to experience that next year when WE have our precious little girl!! It's so weird to think that one year they're not here, and the next year there's new little person crawling around, pulling on things, bring so much joy!

GREAT picture, BTW!!!