Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Don't waste your money...

I love a good cup of joe. I love it black. I love it by itself, I love it with a meal, I love it with dessert. Tonight I decided to treat myself to some Starbucks after church. I had done really well with my points (I do weight watchers) today so I decided I would have a little dessert to go with it. I choose very carefully so as not to ruin the rest of my week. After much deliberation I decided on the cinnamon twist. It was the only one that had the calories listed in front of it, so I fugured it was a good choice....and I had planned to make it even better by only eating half. It was 300 calories, so I was going to consume 150. I got my coffee and my highly anticipated cinnamon twist, settled in my car, and was pretty excited about my nice, quiet ride back home. That all changed as soon as I bit into my dessert. GAG!!! It was as dry as the Sahara!!! Seriously, it was a good thing I had to coffee to revive myself or I may have choked!!

It was after this that I really started thinking...have I ever had ANY dessert from Starbucks that was just to die for??? My answer....no. All this to say, stick to the coffee, folks - at least at Starbucks. Save your calories for your momma's home cookin'!!

3 comments:

The Cassidys said...

i agree with you 100% although i have to say i tried the bacon,egg and cheese sandwich today and it was very good! try that next time!

abby said...

i know all about counting those points and being really excited on "splurging" them on something you really want. sorry it didn't turn out well. im doing weight watchers too. it worked a few yrs ago so i'm praying it works for this baby weight. ugh. :)

Dana and Cindy said...

My philosophy... don't go to Burger King for a fish sandwich. I stick to the specialties.