Thursday, January 15, 2009

Future coffee drinker

Lately, Caleb has started pulling up on things - basically anything that won't fall over because of his weight, he tries to pull up on. Currently he only gets to his knees, but I know that will soon come to and end and he will be cruising around on everything. If you know me well, you know that I am one of those people who has a particular place for things in my house. Yes, I move them around occassionally, but I have things "decorated" the way I like. I seriously put thought into that items I am going to sit on my coffee table and they are stratigically placed I do, however, feel that is about to change. This morning Caleb and I were sitting in the den. I was checking email on the laptop and he was "supposed" to the playing with his toys. I guess he changed his mind. When I turned around I noticed my coffee cup dangling from his hand. Apparently he pulled himself to his knees on the coffee table, grabbed the coffee cup (which I had pushed back from the edge of the table to the middle) and decided to try a bit of coffee. What a GREAT Sosebee he's going to be!! Thankfully, there was only a little in the cup and it was very cool. The only real messes were his pj's and the little bit I had to clean up off the table. Yay for the rug being spared this time!! Looks like we may have a coffee drinker on our hands. I'm thinking we may even start him in his sippy cup....HA! :)

2 comments:

Lil Mama said...

Lindsay was about 18 months when Karen gave her a sip of coffee for the first time and she loved it! Her birthday is on Monday (12 years old can you believe it?) and she has requested we take her to coffee underground in greenville! she loves that place:) anyhow be careful with that stuff. It is addictive.

Lauren said...

Carlyn does this!! NOTHING is safe anymore at our house!