Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Teething BITES!!!

Seriously, I am about convinced that I would rather Caleb just have some dentures later in life. These two top teeth coming in have been AWFUL!!! This is by far the worst days I've had with him. He is a really good baby and has been so easy and I am just not used to all this screaming. Let me give you some scenarios:

Pre-Teething: At naptime and bedtime I rock Caleb for 3-5 min max, lay him down semi-awake with this paci. Somtimes he will babble, etc but then he falls asleep usually within 15 minutes or so. Naps last about 1.5 hours and he sleeps soundly at night from 8ish - 6:15ish.

And then there's The Teething Experience: Rock Caleb for his 3-5 min, put him down and he instantly starts fussing. I leave him there to fuss it out.....25 min later, still fussy. I pick him up, his eyes close before I can even get to the rocker. I rock him some, he seems asleep, I put him down....he starts screaming again. Finally after 45 min - 1 hour of battle he falls asleep...BUT, not for long. He's been waking about 45 min into naps and last night he was awake from 12am-3am crying away. I have given him tylenol, teething tablets, oragel....people, we have tried it all. It's so pitiful because he seems to miserable and there's nothing I can do. Oh...and today his eyes were all red and irritated looking because of lack of sleep. From the looks of him, people probably thought I was one of those moms who carts their kid in pj's to Wal-Mart at 11 pm and then heads on to the Waffle House for a little midnight snack!!

Anyway, all I keep saying is that I sure hope his teeth are really cute. And I also remind myself that this too shall pass - well, until I have other kids - oh my I can't even think about that right now, I'm likely to reconsider!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Aw!! Poor thing!! (both you and him (:)

Unknown said...

Oh sister, I feel your sleepless pain! I know for one of my kids, Abbie, I think, Tylenol never worked. I had to use Motrin. For Brooks, Tylenol works better. Do you have a recliner that Chad could sleep with him on his chest or something, to keep his head elevated? I will say this, the one thing I can still do if either one of my kids is fussy - teething, tired, etc., is get buck naked in the tub with them in warm water. It works every time to calm them. I hope this helps!

The Cassidys said...

aww i feel your pain, literally! ethan is such a crabby pants (that's what chris calls him) when he's got teeth coming in. the entire time we were at the beach this summer, he was teething and irritable! but when they come in, they are SO cute!!! so it'll be well worth it! good luck, and stock up on the tylenol!