Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweeter with Time...

...that's certainly how I feel about these two friendships!!! Last night, I had the fun opportunity to go out to dinner with two of my high school friends and their husbands and we had such a great time!!! We ate at Longhorns and then came back to our house for dessert; but even sweeter than the dessert, was just getting to hang out and chat and laugh. Although meeting new people great and forming new friendships is wonderful, it's always nice to go back to your "comfy friends" - you know the ones who have known you longest, know more about you than most people shoud and yet still love you the same...the ones who you can laugh with and if you snort, it's ok...the ones who you can let in your house even when it's a wreck and they understand...the ones who you don't hesitate to ask a fovor from....etc, etc, etc. Their like an old, comfy couch you can just snuggle down in and be completely yourself; no impressing needed. Let me tell you a little about my two "comfy friends":

Lacey (in black) and I have been friends since 6th grade. We met in the lunch line at Hillcrest Middle School and were basically inseperable until we went to college. She was the one I considered "my best friend" - and still do. We called each other every night to discuss the days events at school, homework, what we were wearing the next day.... whatever. We had numerous sleepovers which hosted a variety of activities from playing M.A.S.H. (remember...masion, apartment, shack, house) to painting our faces with lipstick (really!). She was one of the first people I called to laugh with or cry with about anything.

Brooke (in red) and I met in high school and I don't even remember where or when, but she became a great friend also. Although I didn't do as much with Brooke outside of school as I did Lacey, she was still a great friend and remains one to this day. Brooke and I became closer when our brothers also became best buds.

The crazy thing about life and the way God works it out is that we have all ended up living in the same city!! Brooke and I both married guys from here and I guess Lacey just liked the city enough to live here!! Because of this, the three of us have been able to continue to develop our friendships and it has been so neat watching God at work in these girls lives as they've gotten married, started families and just continue to grow in their Christian walks. What a blessing their friendships have been to me over many, many years. I can only hope and pray that we will be able to maintain such a strong friendship in the years to come...and that we have many, many more nights like last night!

P.S. Isn't the photo editing above cool?!?! Go here to try it on your pics!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't old friends so sweet?!

Councill Party of 4 said...

Aaaawww Carrie! That was very sweet! We had a great time on Friday and can't wait to do it again! Love ya!

Councill Party of 4 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.