Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Love!




(Notice: I am a very enthusiastic birthday song singer. I like to bring out my operatic voice for these occassions.)


October 22, 1980. I was 19 months old. I was probably running around my house, just like Caleb does these days, getting into everything I could in our little house on Longhill. I'm sure I didn't have a care in the world except eating, sleeping and playing. Again, just like Caleb these days. BUT.....as God would have it, down the highway in Anderson, SC Chad Bruce Byce was being born. At 19 months old the person I was to marry entered the world. After this day it was just God's timing as to when we would meet. We lived our seperate lives for 22ish years until we met at an FCA camp my junior year of college. Again, as God would have it, even after our intial meeting we didn't see each other again for about 3 years....until that day in the foyer at FBC Simpsonville. There he stood propped against the wall in true Chad fashion (as I now know!), looking all relaxed, chatting with one of the youth. I recognized him, went over to say hello, hung out with him and a group of other friends at the Waffle House that night and well....the rest is history!!



I say all that to say this....Do you know how important prayer is? I am so thankful that I know without a doubt that Chad's parents and my parenrts prayed for our future spouses. I am so thankful that Chad's parents raised him according to God's word, that they taught him to measure his successes in life not by the world's standards, but by God's. I am thankful that they took the time to read God's word to him, to share their love for missions with him, to pray with and over him. I am thankful for all this because these things, plus all of Chad's other life experiecens and the way God has worked in his life has shaped him to be the person he is today - the person I get to call my husband and the person Caleb gets to call "da-da". So....if you haven't already starting praying for your child's spouse, today is not too late to start - to pray that they come to know Christ as soon as they understand, that they run hard after Him, and that they will understand God's call to purity. Afterall, they could be being born right this moment!!


Oh...and not to mention that God answered the prayers of my heart for a husband in Chad. :) We are as different as night and day, but I love it!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHAD!!!!

1 comment:

The Cassidys said...

wow - just beautiful! what a wondeful story and such a great reminder that Ethan's future spouse is out there somewhere being raised by some wonderful Christian parents who are praying for him. Thank you for the wonderful story and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAD!