Wednesday, October 14, 2009

EASY-PEASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!!!

I'd say it's a fact that cooler weather promotes cooking. I guess because you have to be inside more. Today while I was inside because of the nastiness outside (Lord, I am thankful for the rain, but like the sun also!) I decided to whip out my super easy peanut butter cookie recipe. Folks, you never need to buy PB cookies again once you know this recipe; it would almost be silly. Check it out below.

Preheat oven to 325.
Mix together 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well! Form into small balls and press with the tonges of a fork. Bake for 15 min or until a little golden. Place on wire racks after removing from oven and let "set". They take a little while to get firm (5-10 min). They do not get bigger while they bake so the size you make them is the size they will stay. You can also add a mix-in if you like. I used mini chocolate morsels today, but other ideas might be toffee chips, peanuts, whatever you like!


1 comment:

The Cassidys said...

you are a budding martha stewart! i wanted to let you know i made the caramel corn this weekend and it was FABULOUS! so, i think i may try your pb cookies now! thanks for the inspiration