Monday, March 09, 2009

This time last year...

...Chad and I were spending our last night as a family of two at GHS. It was a Sunday and as I was I was attempting to nap on the couch, God's perfect timing arrived and my water broke. Words cannot describe how I felt. I mean, I had been waiting on that moment for the longest time, but when it actually happened, I almost couldn't believe it. For 39.5 weeks I had been wondering where I would be, what I would be doing, etc when it all happened and here it was happening right before me. The anticipation you feel knowing you are about to bring a child into the world and into your lives in a matter of hours cannot be described - total excitement and total fear all wrapped up with a big bow! Chad and I got to the hospital a little before 6 pm and were sent to Triage. They checked to make sure my water truly had broken and then sent us on to Labor and Delivery. We spent a pretty sleepless night enduring my contractions and then morning came....TO BE CONTINUED!!!!

Here are pics from March 9, 2008...


Me and my big belly

Calling friends and family

One of our last pictures of our family of two

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, aren't those feelings so sweet? They will never be forgotten.

lindsay said...

i can't believe it was a year ago. and i know you probably REALLY can't believe it was a year ago! time sure does fly!!

Jen said...

Girl, you are the best lookin pregnant woman I've ever seen. You look so cool, calm, collected, and CUTE!