Friday, October 27, 2006

Kids say the darndest things!

Being a first grade teacher is awesome! EVERYday is something new. The kids are still so innocent and this innocence often makes them say things that make me have to hold back a gut-wreching laugh!

This week we have been celebrating Red Ribbon week at school, so on Thursday we were all asked to wear red. As I was greeting my students at the door, I complimented one child because he had on a red undershirt, red collared shirt and was carrying a red sweatshirt. I said, "WOW! You really did a great job wearing red." His wonderful response was, "Yeah, and I even have on red undies!" (as he proceeds to pull the band of red undies out of his pants to show me!) It was so funny! And the even funnier thing was that is didn't phase any other kids in my class....it was as if it was quite ordinary for a kid to show me their undergarments! The whole thing started my day off with a great laugh!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aren't kids the best?

We're big fans of teachers in this house so thank you for doing what you do!